My one true love, and the subject I’ve written most words on in the past – and no doubt will continue to in the future. In fact, there’s so much Doctor Who stuff, it needed to be split into its own sub-index too, with a dedicated page for all the reviews I’ve written.
What’s also notable, though, is that a lot of this was written quite some time ago. (Not that there’s ever been a time when I wasn’t writing about Doctor Who; a lot of it was written a long time ago because I’ve been writing about Doctor Who for a long time, and there’s there’s a lot that was written more recently.)
This means, though, that there’s quite a bit of it that’s written before I was really doing this professionally, and before some of my opinions had developed to where they are now. Basically, there’s a lot of it that’s not very good, and I’d disagree with it anyway. I present it on this index anyway though, because I think it’s nice to save it for posterity, since each one of those slightly incoherent posts that are unfairly critical of Steven Moffat (it was a phase, I regret it) were an important step along the way to how I write now.
As a result, anyway, these are all presented in reverse-chronological order – with the exception of the actual reviews, because I’m much too persnickety to want to interfere with that – so you can make the broad assumption that the lower down the list they are, the weaker they are. More or less. Not that any of it is especially good anyway, I suppose.
(If you’re on this website because you want to offer me a job, maybe avoid the Doctor Who stuff entirely. It’s probably safer.)
Editorials & Opinions
- Why Hell Bent is Steven Moffat’s best episode of Doctor Who
- It’s a shame we’re not getting a surprise regeneration on Doctor Who
- Kris Marshall would be a fine Doctor Who, but nothing more – and we can do better than that
- Does the Doctor have to be a male role model?
- Peter Davison is wrong about a female Doctor, but he isn’t necessarily being sexist per se
- Where next for Steven Moffat?
- Why Doctor Who needs to advance its Nazi allegory into the 21st Century
- With Peter Capaldi leaving, it’s finally time for a female Doctor Who
- Why Doctor Who should be a little more worldwide
- Doctor Who and the problem of the Cybermen
- Doctor Who and the music of Murray Gold
- In appreciation of Clara Oswald
- Some more thoughts on a female Doctor
- Some thoughts on a female Doctor
- The Female Doctor Masterlist
- The pseudo-science of Doctor Who
- Top 5 Moffat Moments
- 3 things I want to see in Doctor Who series 10
- 10 actors who could play the Thirteenth Doctor
- 5 people who should write an episode of Doctor Who
- What Doctor Who can learn from Black Mirror
- 4 actors – and one actress – who were almost Doctor Who
- Who is Susan, and is she returning to Doctor Who?
- What’s in the Vault?
- What are the Mondasian Cybermen?
- Doctor Who series 10 trailer breakdown
- Michael Astin is going to be the next Doctor Who
- Celebrating Father’s Day with Doctor Who
- On Bill
- Peter Capaldi talks Doctor Who diversity – will we have a Muslim companion?
- Trailer thoughts
- Interview with Patrick Ness
- Why you should be watching the YA Doctor Who spin-off Class
- Where did things go wrong for Class?
- Episode reviews
- Why Patrick Ness is perfect for Class
- 5 things I’d like to see from Class
The Sarah Jane Adventures